SQU has a system for visiting students, which allows Omani and Non-Omani students from recognized universities to take some courses in SQU or other universities as follows:
A.3.1. Visiting Omani and Non-Omani Students from International Higher Educational Institutions
Omani and non-Omani students who wish to take courses from SQU must fulfill the following conditions:
- Students (Omani and non-Omani) must be from a recognized foreign Higher Educational Institution.
- Students must have completed 60 credits or more (or equivalent).
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.70 on a 4-point scale or equivalent.
- Students can be enrolled at SQU for a maximum of two regular semesters excluding summer semester.
- Students must comply with relevant SQU academic regulations.
- Admission depends on available seats, to be decided in coordination with concerned college.
Students can found the application form, and the conditions and detailed information from the International Relations Office accessed from the University's web site: http://www.squ.edu.om. They can also seek assistance for visas and accommodation from the International Relations Office. Students will pay for visas, accommodation, living expenses, transportation, medical insurance, and programme fees as per the information published in the web site.
A.3.2. Sultan Qaboos University Students Studying Abroad
Sultan Qaboos University students who wish to take credit courses from international higher educational institution must fulfill the following conditions:
- The institution should be internationally recognized.
- Students should attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7, completed 60 credits and should not be in there final year.
- Students should submit written requests including full details of the courses to be taken abroad to the Head of Department/ Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies of their colleges who will consult the committee in charge of students’ degree plan.
- Applications that have College approval will be sent to the Deanship of Admissions and Registration for final approval.
- Students are allowed a maximum of one academic year of full time study at the host institution.
- Approved credits passed with a grade equivalent to at least a "C" within the SQU system will be recorded and counted towards the credit total of the degree, but not calculated in the cumulative GPA.
- Official transcripts from the host institution will be required to complete the process.
- Students must comply with policies and academic regulations of the host institution.
- Sultan Qaboos University has no responsibility for financing the students during their study abroad.