· Develop and teach undergraduate and graduate remote sensing and GIS courses in Colleges of Agriculture and Marine Sciences, Engineering, and Science.
· Enhance the awareness and improve the use of geospatial information systems within the University, Ministries, and private industry.
· Promote interdisciplinary research and projects using remote sensing and GIS in the University.
· Seek and execute remote sensing and GIS projects from national and international funding agencies.
· Organize thematic short courses in remote sensing and GIS for the Ministries and private organizations.
· Organize seminar, symposia, workshops, and conferences on remote sensing and GIS.
· Facilitate interaction between Ministries and private companies and eventually form national user and interest groups in remote sensing and GIS.