The Remote Sensing and GIS Center is equipped with a state-of-the-art remote sensing and GIS facilities.
• ENVI, and PCI Geomatica, for image processing terrain analysis, radar analysis, digital photogrammetry, data visualization and image analysis
• ARC/INFO and ArcGIS, for GIS analysis.
• Other complimentary equipment includes a digitizer, a color scanner and color printers.
• Analytical Spectral Device Inc. (ASD) FieldSpec Pro spectroradiometer (3-2.5 µm) for spectral analyses in remote sensing, minerals and soils, vegetation, marine and water, and more.
• Two Global Positioning Systems GPS, TRIMBLE.
• GIS Data: Oman topographic maps, roads network, drainage system, other environmental maps.
• Satellite imagery: Landsat TM, SPOT, ASTER, IRS, IKONOS, QuickBird.
• One server, two workstations, and 23 Pentium 4s for teaching, short courses and research.