The ADTCS also handles alumni connections with the cooperation of the external relations committee. This mainly manifests in three elements:
- Holding alumni gatherings (either college-wide based or department based).
- Develop database of alumni and their posts upon graduation.
- Seek alumni feedback about college programs either through surveys or formed alumni boards/clubs.
- Invite alumni to college based events and seek their support when needed.
- To extend the CEPS student connection beyond graduation to create a strong lifelong bond with the university.
- Promote the achievements of the CEPS Alumni
- Establish a relationship between graduates and the university
- Promote communication amongst graduates and the community
- Create a powerful professional network for CEPS
On April 1, 2014, the ADTCS organized the first Alumni Gathering event. The event we very well received by the graduates, the members of the college and by the community. An online electronic registration form was created for the purpose of creating a database of up-to-date Alumni information. The collected information is to be used for the purposes of communicating with graduates, promoting the college programs, and built a strong lifelong relationship with CEPS graduates. The second alumni gathering organized on November 15, 2017 under the patronage of H.E Sheikh Abdullah bin Salim Al Salmi, CEO of Capital Market Authority and the Chair of College Advisory Board.
The Alumni Association Board
The College of Economics and Political Science (CEPS) Alumni Association board mission is to advise and develop a strong tie and ongoing relationship between CEPS alumni, faculty, students and society in order to strengthen the strategic position of the College. The Alumni Association board is structured to assist the students and the college on their journey towards successful academic and professional lives and provide suggestions for keeping the degree programs and curriculum current. The members represent a cross-section of CEPS alumni since its foundation in 1994. The leadership skills and the active participation of Alumni Association board are essential toward CEPS excellence.
- Arrange and promote alumni gathering and networking.
- Support and promote CEPS initiatives and activities.
- Review the college academic programs and curriculum.
- Help students and College to enhance the academic learning process with future professional career and share their experience.
- Suggest, organize and fund guest speakers, seminars, conferences, field visits and events.
- Assist in making and maintaining corporate connections both regional and internationally that lead to increased internships, consultancies and external activities beneficial to the College, its students and faculty.
- Assist the College in advancing ethical, responsible and sustainable business practices in Oman and the wider GCC region through curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Any other business suggested by the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Services (ADTCS).
Alumni Association Board Membership
Alumni Association Board Admission and Meetings
- Members should be a graduate of CEPS.
- Members represented in the Alumni Association board should be from different majors at CEPS with B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree and diverse industry background.
- Members are expected to be strong in networking, enthusiastic, influential, entrepreneurial and motivated.
- Members of the Alumni Association board are limited to nine members.
- Members are elected for three-year term starting by January 1 of the first year and ending by December 31 of the third year term. Members are expected to attend all meetings and at least one meeting must be attended every year to maintain active membership. Members can be renewed for one time only.
- Members are expected to be part of CEPS events and the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Service will update the alumni association board with needed information.
- Both Chair and Vice Chair of the Alumni Association board are elected by the members in the first three-year term meeting.
- The Assistant Dean for Training and Community Service office will send membership invitation to CEPS alumni through email, cell phone, CEPS website and other social media application by November 15 for two weeks.
- CEPS alumni who are interested to be part of Alumni Association board should send their CV within two weeks of announcement to ADTCS office by email: email@example.com.
- The ADTCS will evaluate the CV for two weeks based on education, experience, skills and diversity.
- By mid of December Alumni Association board is formed and call for a meeting is circulated to members. The first meeting is expected to be conducted by January.
- The CEPS Alumni Association board meets semi-annually every fall and spring semester.
- The call for meetings is done through the ADTCS office and should be circulated two weeks in advance to Alumni Association board members. The chair prepares the meeting agenda with coordination with the Assistance Dean for Training and Community Services.
- The minutes of the meetings should be prepared by the ADTCS office and circulated to Alumni Association board within one week after the meeting. After approval the minutes will be shared with the College Board and College Advisory Board for discussions and actions.
Members of CEPS Alumni Association Board (coming soon)
CEPS Alumni Association Board Meetings
|1st Advisory Board Meeting
|2nd Advisory Board Meeting
|3rd Advisory Board Meeting