Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
Information Systems Department,
College of Economics and Political Science
For the academic year 2016-2017
At the Adjunct Faculty levels
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before May 20th, 2016 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
The Department invites adjunct faculty positions on Part-Time basis from suitable candidates. The position in the Information Systems Department within College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University requires:
- Applicants should have a minimum M.Sc. or preferably PhD in Information Systems, Computer Science or related areas from an internationally recognized university.
- Should be specialized in one or more of the following areas: Information Systems Security, Data Communication and Networks, Big Data, Ubiquitous Computing, Ambient intelligence, Cloud computing and or Mobile and Wireless Computing.
- Candidates should have experience in teaching IS courses in their specialization to undergraduate and/or postgraduate (M.Sc. and MBA) students or should have minimum of 3 years of experience in their field of specialization.
- Candidates with industry experience will be given preference (those who have teaching experience).
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
The individual hired will be required to teach one or two undergraduate and postgraduate courses from 2:15 pm to 4:00 pm or 4:00pm to 6:00 pm during week days along with two hours of consultation per course per week to the students, and contribute to department activities.
The application should include a cover letter, an up-to-date CV - including list of course taught, statement of teaching philosophy, names and contact information of three referees, and copies of all degree certificates to: email@example.com .
For general information on SQU, please visit our website at: www.squ.edu.om or email HOD: Dr. Kamla Al Busaidi at firstname.lastname@example.org