The Engineering Society is a student-run organization that aims, with the support and supervision of the College of Engineering, at providing students with opportunities to learn, grow and share their experiences and knowledge. The society organizes and hosts events such as seminars, conferences, exhibitions and workshops. It is the ultimate goal of the Society and University to promote research and innovation in Oman and prepare individuals to become contributing members of the community.
The Engineering society at Sultan Qaboos university is also the supervisory body that overlooks the work of the 7 Engineering societies (named below), within the college of Engineering at Sultan Qaboos University.
1. Society of Mechanical Engineers
2. Society of Industrial Engineers
3. Society of Petroleum Engineers
4. Society of Chemical Engineers
5. Society of Mechatronics Engineers
6. Society of Electrical Engineers
7. Society of Civil & Architectural Engineers