The CCE endeavors to be recognized as a leading business and economics college in the Middle East, meeting the international standards for excellence in business and economics education. CCE is the only fully-fledged college of Commerce and Economics in Oman.
Its main mission is to educate, train and continuously develop Omani youth in order to provide the labor market with highly needed managers, professionals, and business specialists who can contribute to the social and economic development of Oman. This can best be achieved by building strong and positive links with the business community in the country, and by acting as a catalyst for the dissemination of the knowledge and expertise that help enhance effectiveness and productivity.
The College of Commerce and Economics aims to develop students' skills, personalities and leadership capabilities. The strategies that outline the action plan in achieving the above include the following:
- Providing the state-of-the-art business education using the most advanced computer and audio-visual technologies to foster student learning and enhance teamwork
- Offering a curriculum designed to take into account modern thinking in leading American, European, and other highly regarded schools, thus ensuring relevance to current world practices as well as the Omani business environment.
- Emphasizing innovative business practices as well as creative thinking and problem solving.
- Fostering hands-on experience through assignments that use advanced educational technologies, such as Internet, business simulations and multi-media case studies.
- Ensuring close interaction and alliances within the business community through a guest-lecture series, field studies and company internships.
- Participating in the economic development of Oman.
- Assembling a highly qualified faculty and staff who are dedicated to their profession and who are equipped to utilize modern methods and technology in the delivery of knowledge in their fields of specialization.
- Encouraging faculty involvement in business activities through consulting, training, lectures, seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Promoting basic and applied research, this will add to the theoretical and practical knowledge in the various fields of specialization.