Sultan Qaboos University
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman, invites applications for faculty position for the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor (starting in Fall 2019) in the following ECE specialization:
Computer Systems and Networks (CSN)
I. Description of the position:
Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising students projects and undertaking active research roles in the field of expertise. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree and have relevant experience, and proven ability for excellence in teaching, and communication skills. The medium of delivery is English.
II. Post Benefits
Apart from tax-free basic salary, the University provides free furnished accommodation, three years renewable contract with end of service gratuity, annual leave with return air tickets, and free medical services in Government Hospitals in the Sultanate. The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
III. Application Process
Interested applicants are invited to submit their applications using the on-line system (the links are provided below).
As a part of the on-line submission, the candidates must submit a concise statement addressing the following selection criteria.
It is expected that candidates would write about all aspects that are outlined in the selection criteria below. Also, it is emphasized that the statement should be concise (brief, yet including all important information).
Selection Criteria for the position Computer Systems and Networks (CSN)
Candidates must have:
- A PhD in Electrical Engineering with major in Computer Systems and Networks.
- In-depth subject knowledge/expertise in the field of applied machine learning with application focus on computing systems.
- Experience (minimum of three years) of teaching as well as conducting and designing laboratories in introductory and advanced courses of the designated areas.
- Experience in teaching and research in the field of artificial intelligence, data mining, database engineering, and applied algorithms is highly desirable.
- Ability to develop and deliver innovative and effective teaching and learning materials.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving capability, planning and organizational skills, demonstrated team working skills with high level of cooperation with other people.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex oral and written information clearly in English.
- Ability to contribute to research in the designated areas and related topics, develop research proposals, seek research funds, and demonstrate high level of team-work skills and cooperation with others.
- Good publications record in leading peer-reviewed journals.
Applications are accepted only through our online electronic system.
Deadline: 30 December, 2018