Sultan Qaboos University
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department at College of Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman, invites applications for faculty positions at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the following ECE specializations:
- Electrical Engineering Practice
Duties include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, supervising students, projects and undertaking active research in the field of expertise. Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree and have relevant experience, potential or proven ability for excellence in teaching, and communication skills. The medium of delivery is English.
For non-Omanis: Apart from tax-free basic salary, the University provides free furnished accommodation, three years renewable contract with end of service gratuity, annual leave with return air tickets, and free medical services in Government Hospitals in the Sultanate. The salary will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
Interested Omani and expatriate applicants are invited to submit their applications on line and follow all the steps in the on-line form.
As a part of the on-line submission, the candidates must submit a concise statement addressing the following selection criteria.
It is expected that candidates write about all points.
Also, it is emphasized that the statement should be concise (brief, yet including all important information).
Selection Criteria for the position Electrical Engineering Practice:
Candidates must have:
- A PhD in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
- In-depth subject knowledge/expertise in the field of electrical and/or computer engineering (in any of its areas: power, energy, computer, communication, control … etc.), engineering design practicalities, ethics, project management and entrepreneurship.
- Experience (minimum of 3 years) of teaching as well as conducting and designing laboratories in practically-oriented courses related to electrical systems in addition to guiding and supporting students in capstone projects. Experience in electricity markets and future trends is also desirable.
- Ability to develop and deliver innovative and effective project-based teaching and learning materials.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving capability, planning and organizational skills, demonstrated team working skills with high level of cooperation with other people.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate complex oral and written information clearly in English.
- Ability to contribute to research in the field of electrical/computer systems, engineering design process, develop research proposals, seek research funds, and demonstrate high level of team work skills and cooperation with others.
The program of Electrical and Computer Engineering is engaged in a quality assurance process and is accredited by ABET, Inc. The successful candidate is therefore expected to perform with excellence in teaching, research and contribute with service activities to the Department.
Applications are accepted only through our online electronic system.
Deadline: 30 November, 2017