Faculty Position in Industrial Engineering
The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at Sultan Qaboos University (http://www.squ.edu.om), Muscat, Oman invites qualified candidates for faculty position in Industrial Engineering
Openings: A single opening is available for the applications meeting the requirements.
Grade and allowances: The academic grade and the entailed salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience for the announced position. The University will also provide free housing, medical treatment, 60 days annual leave ,return tickets to country of residence, and tax free salaries. Other details will be discussed with the qualified candidate at a later stage.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- BS, MS and PhD in Industrial Engineering (IE) or at least two degrees in Industrial Engineering major.
- Applicants who have either demonstrated, or shown a clear potential for, creative and independent research that would lead to strong extramurally funded research with development of inclusive and diverse partnerships and national recognition.
- Demonstrated (or potential for) teaching proficiency.
Applicants should have an outstanding academic record, exceptional potential for creative research, and a commitment to both undergraduate and graduate education in industrial engineering. Applicants are expected to create and maintain a strong program of research, provide classroom instruction and individual training for undergraduate and graduate degree-seeking students, and contribute to the intellectual and academic life of the department. University and professional service will be expected as appropriate.
- Areas of research interest may include, but are not limited to research addressing:
- Logistics and Supply chain
- Data analytics , Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Smart manufacturing, digital manufacturing ,Lean manufacturing
- Healthcare, Ergonomics and safety
The Department: The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering has about 500 students in three programs: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Mechatronics. It has 31 faculty members from 11 different countries working cooperatively in a very friendly environment. The Department also have well-established and maintained laboratories and computing facilities. The Department offers three programs: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and Mechatronics (Jointly with Electrical & Computer Engineering). All the three programs are ABET accredited.
The University: Sultan Qaboos University is the main and most renowned institution in the country and one of the well recognized in the region. It is located in the capital Muscat and within close reach to the main shopping mall, airport and main public points of interest. It has nine colleges in humanities and natural sciences. The reserved campus area is about 8 km2, of which about 2.8 million square meters (700 acres ) is occupied by a beautiful campus that includes a recreation center, four-story library building, a post office, a bank, a number of shopping and service stores, a well-equipped hospital with state-of-art facilities which receives the most critical cases in the country and a clinic dedicated to providing medical care to the university employees and their families.
Interested candidates should fill and submit the Application Form and CV to:
Head of Department, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
College of Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University
P.O. Box 33, Al-Khod 123, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Tel: (+968) 24141312, Fax: (+968) 24141316
Application Deadline 31st of December 2018.