The center will attempt to achieve the following objectives:
· Initiate surveys and conduct empirical research on social, educational and business phenomena that accompany the processes of change development and modernization in contemporary Omani society, and build a national scientific dossier in the social sciences for the benefit of future researchers.
· Conduct any social research programs requested by international, non-governmental and business organizations.
· Initiate evaluation studies of the practice and theory of management research and administration, social programs and policies, with a view to assessing performance appraisal and quality.
· Design and implement training programs for social and business services personnel to improve effectiveness and increase productivity.
· Organize periodic workshops and seminars to improve research and affiliated capabilities among relevant university faculty. Similar services can be provided for personnel involved in the field of social services and the field of business services as appropriate.
· Strengthen collaborative ventures between the university and outside partners especially by supporting and actively encouraging inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research
· Undertake research on behalf of governments, public and private sector agencies
Center’s Means to Achieve its Aims:
These objectives of the center are to be organized in a series of scientific activities as follows:
· Series No 1. Humanities studies which aims to publish books and research papers in various fields of humanities
· Series No 2. Manuscript editions
· Series No 3. Distinguished PhD and MA thesis in the field of humanities.
· Projects subsidized by the SQU or outside governmental and non-governmental institutions.