Rule of low in each and every sector of the university would become an example for Legal Departments in the different Departments of the Government.
Fostering a respect for law throughout the university.
. quality legal services.
. fostering respect for and adherence to law throughout the university.
. Leadership and creativity in resolution of university issues(creativity and excellence)
. Perfection in legal services(continuous improvement and development, professionalism, and workmanship/proficiency)
. Legal profession ethics
. Teamwork, homogeneity and contiguity
To ensure that all university practices comply with existing laws, regulations and decisions.
Coordination & Follow-up section
· Receive and record incoming mail electronically and send outgoing mail to concerned bodies and parties following established procedures
· Print letters, memos and reports referred to it by the director, his deputy or other units within the department.
· Save for easy reference in separate files copies of outgoing correspondence, decisions, circulars, contracts, agreements, and memorandum of understanding.
· Oversee the department’s legal library, keeping it well organized and supplied with books, reference material, circulars and periodicals.
· Keep the department up to date and having required stationery in accordance with established procedures.
· Acquire official newspapers and deposit them in the department’s library.
· Supply the department’s units with official newspapers whenever necessary.
· Supervise the department’s folders and correspondence and protect their confidentiality.
· Follow-up with concerned bodies inside and outside the university on matters referred by the department, using the form prepared for this purpose.
· Reply to inquiries referred to it from other coordination and follow-up units on all issues referred to the department.
· Supervise updating of the department’s website.
· Undertake any other tasks that are assigned.