The Department Board is composed of the Head (Chairman) and all teaching staff of the Department, and may call on others as it sees fit. The Department Board shall undertake the following:
- Propose degree plans for the degree programs offered by the department.
- Approve the content and structure of all courses offered by the department.
- Approve course textbooks.
- Approve the distribution of teaching assignments in the department based on the proposal of the College Curriculum Committee.
- Draw up plans to encourage academic research and coordinate research activities with other departments.
- Establish a research plan for the department.
- Advise on teaching staff levels in the department.
- Approve examination results of tracks common courses.
- Encourage students to participate in curricular and extra-curricular activities of the department.
- Review the annual budget proposed by the Head of Department.
- Examine and advise on issues referred to it by the Dean or the Head of Department.
The Head of the Department shall call for a meeting of the Department Board at least once a month during the academic year and whenever the need arises. The meeting shall be conducted with the attendance of the majority of its members. Decisions will be taken by a majority vote of members present and, in the event of a tie, the Chairman shall have the casting vote.