The program is managed by a Steering Committee under the Dean's Office whose members are set as follows:
- Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Studies
- Head of MIE Department
- Head of ECE Department
- Program Coordinator
- MIE Department representatives
- ECE Department representatives.
The Chair and Co-chair positions of the Steering Committee are rotated every two consecutive years between the ECE and MIE Heads of the departments. For instance, if the Chair is the Head of the ECE department than the Co-Chair is the Head of the MIE department.
The Program Steering Committee is comprised of the members mentioned above and the Chair may call on others as he sees fit, such as a technical staff representative. The Steering Committee undertakes the following:
- Propose degree plans for the program.
- Approve the content and structure of all courses offered by the program.
- Approve prescribed course textbooks.
- Approve the distribution of teaching assignments in the departments based on the proposal of the College Curriculum Committee.
- Draw up plans to encourage academic research and coordinate research activities with other departments.
- Establish a research plan for the program.
- Encourage academic research and facilitate cooperation with other departments.
- Provide advice on teaching staff levels.
- Encourage students to participate in curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Review the annual budget proposed by the Chair.
- Examine and provide advice on issues referred to it by the Dean or the Program Chair.
The Chair calls for a meeting of the Program Steering Committee at least once a month during the academic year and whenever the need arises. The meeting quorum is achieved with the attendance of fifty percent of its members. Decisions are taken by a majority vote of members present and, in the event of a tie, the Chair has the casting vote.