College Current Budget (Omanis)
- The participant will be granted official leave and will receive a return economy class ticket, registration fees and all allowances according to the participant status. If the conference organizers offer financial support, SQU will only grant official leave.
- The financial support will be offered once per academic year.
- The financial support is subject to availability of college budget.
Conference Central Budget
- The applicant must have spent a minimum of one year as an SQU employee and will continue serving SQU for at least one more year after attending the conference.
- A committee chaired by the AVP-PSR, with the other Assistants Vice-President as members, is to study and decide on the applications for conference attendance financed from the central budget endorsed by Vice President.
- The financial support will be offered once during the financial year including an economy return ticket from Muscat or wherever is the participant, whichever is closer to the conference site. The support would include the ticket fare that should not exceed 600 O.R., 400 O.R of conference attendance allowance and the official leave.
Research Projects - Internal grant projects (Strategic Research, Collaborative Research Projects)
- The principal and co-investigator would be provided with an economy class ticket, registration fees, allowances according to the academic status and an official leave if budget allows.
- The financial support would come from the project financial support in the project budget (Conference Attendance and Travel), but no more than 1000 O.R. per person shall be provided as financial support (including: travel ticket, allowances, registration fees).
- One participation can be provided in a project to each of the PI and Co-Investigators.
Research Projects - External funded research projects (Contract Projects & Consultancy)
- The principal and co-investigators would be provided up to a business class ticket, registration fees, allowances according to the academic status and an official leave if budget allows.
If an academic requests a conference attendance on his/her own expenses, an official leave shall be granted.
No scientific paper need be submitted.
Invitation from conference organizers
- An official leave shall be granted if the applicant is invited by the conference organizing committee, who would cover all financial expenses.
- No scientific paper need be submitted.