Financial Support is financial aid granted to doctoral students research projects to provide the necessary requirements for the completion of their research projects and is not granted for the student.
Scope of Coverage
Financial Support only covers the requirements needed for the research projects of PhD students and excludes conference attendance expenses, Academic Program Core Cost, and the cost of theses and book binding.
- Student research projects must not be financially supported by other funds.
- Students must successfully complete the Preliminary Oral Examination or Comprehensive Examination.
- Students must be registered when the Financial Support is disbursed.
- Items purchased before the financial support request is approved may not reimbursed.
- The Financial Support request may be adjusted according to research requirements and budget availability.
- The Financial Support is disbursed from financial resources allocated for this purpose.
- The amount of Financial Support shall be approved annually by the Vice Chancellor.
- The Financial Support request is filled out by the student and supervisor.
- The request is approved by the head of department and forwarded to the College Dean.
- The request enclosed with the research proposal and the preliminary oral and comprehensive examination form is sent by the College Dean to the Dean of Postgraduate Studies for recommendation.
- The Dean of Postgraduate Studies forwards the request to the DVCPSR for final approval.
- The Deanship of Postgraduate Studies informs the college about the decision of the request.
- The concerned college follows up with the Department of Financial Affairs to disburse the approved funds.
- The Financial Support request must not be submitted to DPS in case of other financial support availability.
- Review and forward the Financial Support request to the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies.
- Follow up with the Department of Financial Affairs to disburse the approved funds.
- Disburse the approved funds to students research projects in accordance with the rules and regulations in force at the university.
- Manage the purchased requirements based on the regulations in force at the university.
- The Financial Support should be submitted according to the approved research project proposal.
- The request for Financial Support shall only be made once during the fiscal year.
- The approved Financial Support request may be adjusted according to research requirements and budget availability.
Research Project Requirements
Financial Support Used to Provide the Following:
- Chemicals and laboratory materials (including gaseous, liquid or solid materials).
- Laboratory equipment (including glass, metal, plastic or wood).
- Electronic devices (When the type of device is not available at the university).
- Books and references (When not available at university libraries).
- Office supplies (When not available in the college).
- Data collection and analysis (Internal long distance data collection and analysis using specialists in quantitative and qualitative analysis).
- Data Analysis Software such as statistical and content analysis software and learning software (When not available in the college).
- Translation fees (Translation of documents and data collection materials and tools).
- Publishing fees (Scientific journals).
- Implementing experimental treatments in schools.
- Training courses (specialized internal or external courses in the student's research project).
- International Travel (data collection or testing procedures - this requires the approval of the DVC-PSR with college justifications).
- Others (for other materials not covered by this guide that are related to research).
- Period (15 January - 30 November) of each Financial year: Opening of applications for participation in conferences
- Period (1 December to 14 January) of each Financial year: the closing period for receiving applications for participation in conferences
- After the application is approved, the student must follow the college (administrative director) to terminate the procedures of disbursement and transfer of funds.
Financial Support form for PhD Students Research Projects
Financial Support Guide for PhD Students Research Projects