Application process for M.Sc and PhD
Before you apply, it is important that you have looked into and are happy with the postgraduate course or research program that you wish to apply for. You must also ensure that you are aware of:
· the duration of the course
· the entry requirements
· the fee
· what the course entails
Application procedure for PhD :
1. Use online application system which can be access from http://pas.squ.edu.om/
Application procedure for Master :
1. Adhere to the requirements of specific programs, such as English language and computer proficiency, assessment of work experience or a qualifying examination in a specific area. Such requirements are listed under the appropriate program description .
2. The following documents must be submitted with the application form except otherwise stated:
o Official Transcript (Please bring original for verification excluding Sultan Qaboos Graduates(
o Degree Certificate (Please bring original for verification excluding Sultan Qaboos Graduates(
o Copy of Passport and ID.
o Four recent photos with blue or white background with the name written on the back.
o Curriculum Vitae of the applicant showing valid contact details.
o English proficiency test result. (Can be submitted at a later time(
o A “release” or “no objection” letter. (for Master applicants who are working in Oman and it can be submitted at a later time(
o A letter of financial support if applicable (Can be submitted at a later time(
o A statement of the objectives and goals of the research proposed. (For PhD applicants only(
o Three recommendation letters, at least two from academic to show competence in the discipline of interest and research capability, with the name, address, e-mail and phone number of the referee. The statements must - be on the institution’s stationery and signatures must be in original ink. (For PhD applicants only(
o A release letter from the employer stating the approval for full-time study for period of not less than four years. (for PhD applicants only and it can be submitted at a later time(
o Attend an interview if required.
3. Download and print a copy of the postgraduate application form from Deanship of Postgraduate Studies on the following link: http://www.squ.edu.om/ps/forms/F1.
4. Fill-in the application form in English except for programs thought in Arabic .
5. Submit two copies of the required documents along with two copies of the application to the Department of Admission and Statistics in the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies, or send it by post to :#
Department of Admission and Statistics
Deanship of Postgraduate Studies
Sultan Qaboos University
P.O Box: 17
Postal code: 123
6. Any further conditions will be included in the notification of admission. If the conditions are not met within the time specified in the admission notification, the candidate’s admission in the program will be cancelled .
# Do not send any original