The Deanship of Postgraduate Studies takes overall responsibility for the administration of postgraduate doctoral, masters and diploma programs at Sultan Qaboos University (SQU). The Deanship aims to support these programs and ensure world class training and a quality experience for all postgraduate students.
The Deanship of Postgraduate Studies facilitates and supports postgraduate programs by:
· administering the postgraduate academic regulations
· providing a range of scholarships
· marketing programs through advertisements as well as informative brochures and booklets
· offering a range of courses and workshops to develop faculty and students’ skills related to research, publishing and professionalism
· coordinating the defense/examination of theses
Doctoral programs are offered in 28 different specializations from five colleges, namely; Science, Engineering, Agricultural & Marine Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences and Arts and Social Studies. Doctoral programs are research-based with the option of a limited course work and currently close to 100 students are pursuing their doctoral degrees at SQU. Masters programs have been running at the University since the early nineties with a total of 59 different programs across eight colleges. Master’s programs are available in four options: by research and thesis, by coursework and thesis, by coursework only, and by coursework and comprehensive examination. Currently, over 1,200 full-time and part-time postgraduate students are enrolled at SQU.
We are here to serve the colleges and their postgraduate students and we trust that you will find the information in our website useful.
Professor Ali Abdullah Hassan Al-Jabri
Dean of Postgraduate Studies