Principal investigators shall submit reports for all funded research projects and consultancies. For multiyear projects, the release of the next year budget requires the approval of the progress report for the previous year. The procedure for the processing and approval of progress reports as well as final reports are summarized below.
1. Progress reports are due annually or as specified in the contract with the funding agency.
2. Progress reports shall be in the format outlined on the Progress Report forms set by the Deanship of Research. Other formats may be agreed on with the funding agency. In the reports, the PIs shall clearly state, but not be limited to, the following:
a. Achievements over the previous year with respect to the stated goals and milestones.
b. How the execution conforms to the proposed schedule.
c. Deviations from original objectives and execution plan.
d. Any difficulties and challenges encountered.
e. Expenditure as per the approved budget.
· The DVCPSR may devise other or additional procedures for the approval of progress reports.
· The Deanship of Research shall submit a summary of progress reports to the DVCPSR to take appropriate action.
· Progress reports may be returned to the PI for revision.
· The CRC/RCAC shall summarize the evaluation of the progress report using evaluation forms and shall submit its recommendations to the Deanship of Research.
· Activation of the second and following annual budgets shall be subject to submission and acceptance of the annual progress reports.
1. Upon completion of a project, the PI shall submit a detailed final report using the Final Report form or any other format agreed on with the funding agency.
2. In the Final report, the PI shall state, but not be limited to, the following:
a. Project achievements against the approved goals.
b. Deviations from approved objectives.
c. Problems encountered during the project execution.
d. Publications, and /or intellectual property resulting from the project.
e. External support and collaboration.
f. Actual versus planned expenditure.
3. A soft as well as a hard copy shall be submitted to the CRC/RCAC, which shall evaluate the report and submit its recommendation to the Deanship of Research.
4. The Deanship of Research shall submit a summary of final reports to the DVCPSR to take appropriate action.
5. The DVCPSR may devise a different procedure for the evaluation of final reports.
6. Failure to submit a final report may exclude the PI research from funding opportunities in the future.