Physics Department of Physics, Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), Muscat, Oman, invites applications for a faculty positions at the level of Assistant/Associate Professor in the following area:
The successful candidates are expected to carry out original research in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment of the Physics Department and College of Science, engage in high-quality teaching and mentor students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Computational Physics: The candidate should have a PhD in Computational Physics with proven experience in developing simulation codes and in setting up and running soft matter simulation packages on Linux based HPC cluster system. Experience in teaching Computational Physics is preferred.
- Lasers and Optoelectronics: The candidate should hold a PhD in the field of lasers and/or optoelectronics. We are seeking candidates with an established track record of experimental research in one or more of the following areas: optoelectronic devices, nano/biophotonics, fiber optics, quantum confined heterostructures, laser physics or nonlinear optics.
- Experimental Nuclear Physics: The candidate should have a PhD in Experimental Nuclear Physics and should have experience in establishing and contributing in nuclear research projects. Applicants are expected to have strong record of achievement in Experimental Nuclear Physics and committed to excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching.
Apart from an attractive tax-free salary, SQU offers:
- Free furnished accommodation
- Free medical care in government hospitals in Oman
- Excellent recreational facilities on campus
- End-of-service gratuity
- Subsidized schooling for up to two children
- 60 days annual leave with return air tickets for the staff, eligible spouse and 2 children
- Rolling three-year contracts on mutual agreement
Application Deadline : 28 February 2018
Position Start Date : 01 September 2018
For more information about Sultan Qaboos University and the Sultanate of Oman, please, visit the University website at http://www.squ.edu.om/.
Applicants should submit a letter of application and up-to-date curriculum vitae to Prof. Abraham George (email@example.com), Coordinator of the Departmental Appointment Committee, with copy to Dr. Issam Ali (firstname.lastname@example.org), Head of Department. Please specify in your application the specialty for which you are applying. Applications, which do not meet the requirements of any of the above specialization, will not be considered.