Physics Department of Physics, Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), Muscat, Oman, invites applications for a faculty positions at the level of Assistant/Associate Professor in the following area:
The successful candidate is expected to carry out original research, collaborate with the existing groups in the Department and teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Experimental Nuclear Physics: The interested candidates should have at least five years post PhD experience in teaching and nuclear physics applications.
Theoretical particle cosmology: Candidates for this position should hold a PhD in theoretical particle physics, particle cosmology or related discipline from a recognized university. Preference will be given to candidates with an established track record of research in the physics of early universe, including inflation, phase transitions, dark matter, baryogenesis and leptogenesis.
- Lasers and optoelectronics: The candidate should hold a PhD in the field of lasers and optoelectronics, and should have adequate teaching and research experience at university level after the completion of the doctoral degree. Preference will be given to candidates with an established track record of research in one or more of the following areas: laser physics, optoelectronic devices, quantum confined heterostructures, biophotonics, fiber optics or nonlinear optics.
Application Deadline: 31 March, 2017 Position Start Date: 1 September, 2017
The successful candidate is expected to start in in September 2017.
- Apart from an attractive tax-free basic salary, SQU offers:
- Free furnished accommodation
- Free medical care in government hospitals in Oman
- Excellent recreational facilities on campus
- End-of-service gratuity
- Subsidized schooling for up to two children
- 60 days annual leave with return air tickets for the staff and eligible spouse and 2 children
- Rolling three-year contracts on mutual agreement
For more information about Sultan Qaboos University and the Sultanate of Oman, please, visit the University website at http://www.squ.edu.om/.
Applications should be sent to Professor A K George [Email: email@example.com], Coordinator of the Departmental Appointment Committee with copy to Dr. Issam Ali [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org], Head of Department.