To be an outstanding botanical facility recognized for developing and enriching sustainable
interactions among people, plants and the environment.
Through education & research we aim to create and inspire the understanding, appreciation and conservation of the nature’s wildlife. This will promote the university mission of research, education and outreach.
· To understand and appreciate the diversity of life and know how living things interact with each other and their environment.
· To identify and classify a variety of animals and plants.
2. Research & Conservation
· To collect and preserve Herbarium and Museum specimens for contribution towards the documentation of the wild flora and fauna of Oman.
· To determine the phylogenetic and evolutionary relationships of the Omani plants and animals.
· To research on the economic and medicinal quality and benefits of plants.
· To contribute towards conservation of the endemic and most threatened plant species in Oman through a collection of living specimens in the Botanic Garden .