Fundamentals and Administration Department
The Fundamentals and Administration Department is the department that offer courses for students at the entry level to equip them with the required knowledge, attitude and skills needed to work in clinical areas and to develop as professional nurses with commitment to service. The department also offers courses for senior students to assist them develop their management and leadership behavior. The courses offered by the department are Fundamentals of Nursing, Health Assessment and Nursing Administration.
The Vision of the Fundamentals and Administration Department is to be the center of excellence in preparing professionally competent nurses with leadership abilities in integrating and delivering compassionate patient care.
The mission of the department of Fundamentals and Administration is to prepare competent Omani nurses who are able to meet the health care needs of the society within the international standards of nursing education by providing efficient, safe and competent nursing practice.
The philosophy of the College of Nursing is reflected in the values and beliefs of the faculty in the department of the Fundamentals and Administration regarding human being, health, society, nursing, nursing education, learner and curriculum. We believe in the need to provide intellectually stimulating and supportive environment that foster individual and collective development of persons and prepare students who are competent to fulfill their professional roles.
The objectives of the department are to:
- Apply innovative teaching strategies merged with high technology that enhances learning outcome of the Fundamentals & Administration students to mastery level as well as life long learning.
- Participate in preparing graduate professional nurses who are knowledgeable, safe and competent in skills within appropriate ethical boundaries.
- Support the enhancement of clinical skills in students from basic to advanced skills considering patient safety.
- Motivate students to become professional nurses who are self motivated with attributes of critical thinking, clinical judgment and leadership abilities.
- Promote professional development through continuing nursing education and research activities.
- Contribute to the College/University/ Ministry of Health plans for continuing education related to clinical skill competency to improve the quality of nursing care through faculty development and nursing competency for safe practice.
- Actively contribute to the development plans of the College of Nursing including the nursing skills laboratory to be the center of excellence nationally and regionally.
- Extend services to the community to attain, maintain or regain health status of the people of Sultanate through health assessment and follow up surveys.