Community and Mental Health Department
The Department of Community and Mental Health (CMH) takes initiative in fostering and strengthening the relationship of College with the community. The Department imparts quality education to the students and is committed to prepare them as efficient community and mental health nurses. The department creatively plans all its activities towards strengthening the humane and technical skills of students to enable them to provide quality service to individual, family and community. The Department offers Community Health Nursing and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing courses.
The vision of the department is to strive towards equipping graduate nurses to develop excellence in promoting and maintaining health through various activities in practice, education and research.
The mission of the department is to achieve excellence in teaching and learning in the area of community and mental health nursing through developing and executing strong educational programs and research activities ultimately leading to care of the community.
The department of community and mental health nursing strongly believes that the health of the people is the prerequisite of the nation for its development. We believe that imparting quality education to the students in the subjects of community and mental health nursing will prepare them as proficient nurses to assume roles as efficient health care managers in the comprehensive health care settings of Oman.
We also accept our role as one of the leading department of the college in disseminating the professional knowledge and skills directly to the people at large which will help them in promoting and maintaining their health at their own setting .
The objectives of the department are to:
- Impart quality education to the students in the field of community and mental health nursing.
- Prepare the students to become nursing leaders who will work as efficient professional nurses in the hospitals and community settings.
- Emphasize the importance of health education in both community and mental health for preparing professional nurses to increase the individual, family and community awareness toward achieving self care.
- Collaborate with the governmental and non-governmental organizations in meeting the health needs of the people.
- Organize staff development programs for the teachers of the department in the view of enhancing their knowledge and skills.
- Effectively participate in the college developmental activities.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge of community and mental health nursing through research and health education.