||The Office of the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Services (ADTCS) in the College of Science aims at accomplishing its designated duties with the assistance of two main committees namely; the Student Training Committee (STC) and the Community Service and Student Activities Committee (CSSAC). These two committees will perform their designated tasks as outlined below and will serve as the main link and coordination channel between the Office of the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Services and their departments.
STUDENT TRAINING COMMITTEE
- Define, review and update departmental student training requirements in coordination with the office of the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Services.
- Establish and monitor the procedures for supervising and evaluating students during their training programs.
- Assist in identifying and soliciting student training opportunities.
- Assist in establishing, reviewing and updating student training strategic plans.
- Provide the AD(TCS) office with an updated record of the student training activities related to their departments.
- Ensuring the continuity by passing training information to the new representative or replacement.
- Assist in providing students with all necessary information related to training.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & STUDENT ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE
- Define, review and update Community Service and Student Activity policies and procedures.
- Provide the office of AD(TCS) with updated information about departmental activities, plans and resources for short courses, consultancy, and workshops.
- Coordinate with the AD(TCS) office to prepare and conduct Alumni surveys.
- Provide the AD(TCS) office with up to date departmental alumni information.
- Assist in planning and coordinating visits for science courses whenever required.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of student activities.
- Provide the AD(TCS) office with up to date information about existing/new departmental external contacts.
- Ensuring the continuity by passing relevant information to the new representative or replacement.