Journal of Arts & Social Sciences
● The journal welcomes original papers, written either in Arabic or English, in the broad field of humanities and social sciences. The journal also accepts book reviews. Contributors must confirm in writing that their submissions are original and have not been previously published or are under consideration by other journals.
● All papers are refereed and the authors are notified of the assessment results. Unaccepted papers are not returned to the author.
● Two copies of the manuscript should be submitted to the editor-in-chief. It is required that one of the copies is on a compact disc or e-mailed in the form of an attachment. The other copy is printed. They should be typed double-spaced, on one side of A4 paper, in 12-point type and with 3.5 cm margins all round. Papers should not exceed 8,000 words (or 40 pages), including tables, maps, appendices, etc.
● Papers must include an Arabic and an English abstract, each one not exceeding one page (or 200 words), typed double-spaced and on a separate sheet. Up to five keywords should be listed at the end of the abstract.
● The cover page of the manuscript should have the title of the paper, the name(s) and affiliation(s) of the author(s), along with contact addresses, (the e-mail, fax and telephone).
● Figures and diagrams should be on A4 glossy paper. Maps and charts should be on tracing paper and drawn in black Chinese ink.
● The reference system is the Harvard. The reference section, listed in an alphabetical order, should have all the works cited in the paper and no others.
●References should be presented as in the following examples:
Smyth, K. 1983. Seashells of the Sultan Qaboos Nature Reserve at Qurm. International Press, Singapore.
● Edited Book
Giles, H. and Ellen B. Ryan (eds.). 1982. Attitudes towards language Variations: Social and Applied Contexts. Edward Arnold.
● Chapter/article from a book
Alderson, J. C. and M. Scott. 1992. Insiders, outsiders and participatory. evaluation. In J. C. Alderson and A. Beretta (Eds.). Evaluating Second Language Education. pp. 78-139. Cambridge University Press. Cambridge.
Whitcomb, D. 1975. The archaeology of Oman: a preliminary discussion of the Islamic periods. Journal of Oman Studies 1, pp. 123-157.
● Unpublished work
Howell, R. W. 1967. Linguistic choice as an index of social change. Unpublished PhD dissertation. University of California. Berkeley.
● Translated work
Laplace, P. S. 1814. A Philosophical Essay on Probabilities. F. W. Truscott and F. L. Emory (Trans.) 1951. Dover. New York.
● Internet sources
Name. Date. Title. Web address. Accessed on (date)
● The journal retains full copyright of any published material. It also reserves the right to publish any submission in edited or translated form.
● The views and opinions expressed in published papers represent their authors and not the journal. Upon publication, the corresponding author will receive two copies of the issue and fifteen off-prints.