Public Relations and Information Directorate
Public Relations & Information Directorate works relentlessly on building and maintaining the positive image that SQUH deserves. The directorate also provides top quality services to SQUH staff through its contacts with different governmental and private agencies.
The association of the terms top quality and excellence with Public Relation and Information Directorate and the association of excellent reputation and image with SQUH.
1. To provide top quality public relations services to SQUH staff and clients.
2. To work continuously on producing an excellent, realistic image of SQUH.
|The Public Relations and Information Directorate serves the hospital through its four different departments as indicated by the directorate's chart above.
1. The Media & Information Department's responsibilities include:
• Covering hospital events in the local media.
• Follow-up of SQUH subscription in different newspapers and magazines.
• Answering issues raised in the media about SQUH.
• Coordinating with media agencies regarding interviews with hospital staff.
• Arranging all required technical support needed to carry out functions.
2. The Cultural & Social Activities Department's responsibilities include:
• Coordinating the work of different centers working on functions, conferences, workshops etc., in the hospital.
• Arranging all required equipment and furniture needed to carry out functions.
• Organizing the Annual S.Q.U.H. open day.
• Follow-up all invitation cards with the printing press.
3. The Printing & Publishing Department (this department is not yet active, the work load is carried out by Cultural & Social Activities Department) the responsible include:
• Coordination with other SQUH departments regarding the publication of patient educational materials.
• Designing the conferences and workshops posters.
• Designing of invitation cards.
• Follow-up all printing requirements with the printing press.
4. The Employee Services Department's responsibilities include:
• Coordination with other SQUH departments regarding arrival of new employees.
• Helping employees in getting family visit and joining visas and housemaid visas.
• Getting official visit visas for all the international visitors.
• Receiving visas and depositing them at the country's entry stations.
• Greeting new employees upon arrivals.
• Helping employees when communicating with other governmental agencies.
• Visa cancellation for employees whose contracts expire.
• Issuance of employee identity cards and road passes.
• Arranging VIP appointments and escorting them during their visits to the hospital.
• Welcoming official and diplomatic delegates to the hospital.