The main responsibility of this section is to give a good view to the University landscaped area in order to provide a suitable educational environment through improvement of the landscaping areas by entering new varieties, techniques ad increasing the University green land. The responsibilities of this section can be divided as followed:
A. Routine maintenance works
- Preparation of necessary programs for routine works of whole agricultural operations.
- Providing all necessaries for graduation function, which includes indoor plants and flowers pots for VIPs, rooms and Amphitheatre stage.
- Providing indoor plants for university buildings.
- Chemical spraying and fertilizing of (1750) date palms.
- Providing flowers pots, indoor plants for university functions.
- Preparation of seasonal flowers beds.
- Supervising all agricultural operations for maintenance works according to the prepared annual schedules which includes: grass cutting, fertilization operations, trimming, soil aeration, improving the soil, pesticide spraying, new plantation, stakes adjustment.
- General cleaning.
- Checking, repairing and replacing irrigation spare parts during the progress of the periodical maintenance programme and these operations in detail are:
- Cleaning, greasing and painting of solenoid valves covers.
- Checking, repairing and replacing controller’s and valve assembly parts.
- Checking and replacing sprinklers, spray heads, bubblers and drippers.
- Connecting the valves to the irrigation control system.
Also the section is surveying all plants and irrigation materials periodically for preparing the contract of Landscaping and irrigation services.
B. Landscape Projects
The section in cooperation with project unit, studying and commenting on landscape and irrigation work’s drawings of university projects. In addition to preparing and reviewing the conditions, specifications and bills of quantity, and the most important projects were supervised by the section.