The summer semester makes available a limited range of courses, which are both remedial in nature as well as answering high demand for key prerequisite courses, internship courses, and university electives. All CCE students interested in enrolling in the summer semester must apply for it through the summer pre-registration during the spring semester.
General Guidelines for Summer Semester
- Students must register in two courses (After fulfilling the prerequisite of these courses).
- The summer internship students must register the course at the Deanship of Admission and Registration before starting their summer internship. The summer internship course is a full time course. Therefore, Internship students can NOT register any other summer course along with the Internship course.
- The maximum load is 8 credits (2 courses); the minimum limit is 5 credits (2 courses).
- Taking 6 credits or more in the summer semester is equivalent to a full semester load, and would be counted as one full semester for the purpose of recording the semesters on academic probation.
- Students are not allowed to repeat courses they already passed to improve their grades in summer.
- During the summer semester students should keep to the courses they pre-registered in except in the cases of: (a) spring failure of a pre-requisite course, and/or (b) changes in summer course offerings.
- Course withdrawal (with “w” grade) in Spring lowers the priority of being accepted for the same course in summer.
- Any student under academic probation because of the cumulative GPA, it is strongly recommended that he should repeat the failed courses only or not to take summer semester.
- Other normal load Students are not allowed to repeat courses of given grade to improve grades or to take courses in advance of normal scheduling patterns.
- Confirmed registration which is announced in the Colleges is considered as final registration.
- Academic status and CUM GPA by end of spring semester will be used to judge eligibility for summer semester.
- Students on Probation 3, 4 and 5 are not allowed to register for any summer courses.
Summer Eligibility Rules
All CCE students are eligible to register in summer according to the following priorities:
1) Language Center Students ( Passing English Intensive Course).
2) Graduating By End of Summer
3) Expected to Major by Fall.
Based on student academic records, the Academic Advisors determine the summer priority levels for their advisees.
The summer pre-registration process starts by mid of spring semester. Students accepted in the summer semester are determined based on the above summer priorities and the resource limitations during the summer semester. The initial lists of accepted students in summer are usually announced in May before the end of the spring semester. The accepted students must register their summer courses and obtain their confirmation of registration (summer class schedule) at the Deanship of Admission and Registration before the start of the summer semester.