PDF || Degree Plan || How to Apply??
The College offers the following programs:
Master’s programs are taught in English for full-time and part-time students:
1. Civil Engineering
2. Civil Engineering (Water Resources)
3. Civil Engineering (Environment)
4. Electrical & Computer Engineering in the following specializations:
- Power Systems & Energy
- Electronic Instrumentation & Control
- Communication & Signal Processing
- Computer System & Networks
5. Mechanical Engineering
6. Industrial Engineering
7. Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering
8. Geomatics Engineering
9. Chemical and Process Engineering
Minimum admission Requirements:
1. Applicants should have a Bachelor of Science of Bachelor of Engineering from Sultan Qaboos University or from any recognized university in the major applied for.
2. Candidates from other disciplines in Engineering or Science may be asked to attend additional bridging courses before starting the program. Some of the courses may be offered in the morning.
3. A Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.5 out of 4 or its equivalent in another system and the Deanship of Postgraduate Studies will make the assessment for equivalency acceptance.
4. Work experiences is a must for candidates with Cumulative Grade Point Average less than 2.75 in the Bachelors degree.
5. Achieve level (6) in IELTS Academic or (550) in the TOEFL paper-based or (213) in TOEFL through the computer or (79) in the TOEFL through the Internet.
6. Pass the interview held by the department. if necessary
7. Applicants, as part-time students for Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering must provide a statement from their employers approving their full-time release for at least two days per week for the duration of the masters program.
8. Applicants, as part-time students for Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Electrical & Computer Engineering programs, must provide a statement from their employers approving their full-time release for three months during the second year for the master's thesis.