Completed and ongoing projected executed in conjunction with Colleges and Research Centers at SQU since 2002.
· The use of GIS and remote sensing to monitor and analyze urban growth in the Greater Muscat.
· Coastal erosion along Al Batinah.
· Al Jabal Al Akhdar initiative-conservation and sustainable development in a fragile arid mountain ecosystem.
· Bar Al Hikman Pleistocene to modern carbonate system.
· Diamond potentiality in the kimberlitic of the Batain Nappes, Eastern Oman.
· Assessment and modeling of the oil spill fate in the coastal region of the Sultanate of Oman.
· Seismic Hazard Assessment in Oman: A detailed and towards the development of guidelines for the design of earthquake resistant structures.
Ikonos bands 3, 2, and 1 color composite image showing Qurum National Park area recorded on June 12, 2007 after the destruction by cyclone Gonu.
ASTER bands 3, 2, and 1 color composite image of Muscat and surrounding areas recorded on June 5, 2005. Vegetation show up in shades of red.
Landsat ETM+ bands 7, 4, and 2 color composite image of Al Jabal Al Akhdar and surrounding areas acquired on Dec 13, 1999 and Jan 21, 2000. Vegetation and villages show up in shades of green.
A shaded relief image of Al Jabal Akhdar and surrounding areas in a pseudo three-dimensional form. Elevations range from 1000 m to the highest peak of 3075 m above mean sea level at Jabal Shams.
Quick Bird bands 3, 2 and 1 color composite image of Sultan Qaboos University recorded on December 11, 2002.
Dr. Andy Kwarteng
Dr. B. Babu Madhavan