· Publish high-quality results on water research in top outlets (peer-reviewed journals, books, conference proceedings, magazines, newspaper) . Maintain publication series that synthesize and report on water policy, science and engineering issues
· Identify challenging water issues of the region and, especially, in Oman, and secure research grants from international, governmental and private sectors to conduct most needed research.
· Provide scientific and financial consultancy to public and private authorities for contract projects.
· Facilitate SQU and other colleges/universities researchers to initiate and execute water related research.
· To provide education opportunities to research students interested water resources
and related field of studies.
· Initiate and participate in the design and execution of national and international seminars, conferences, symposia, workshops and short courses on water issues related to the Sultanate, Gulf countries and the world at large.
· Develop a national database of information about water related issues.
· Capacity building and community education in water research