The College of Agricultural and Marine Sciences is committed to provide students with an education grounded in science and technology, that:
- Inspires a passion for learning
- Prepares students to meet the challenges in agricultural and marine sciences fields locally and internationally.
- Facilitate the development of leadership skills.
The degree plans in all CAMS specializations were constructed to prepare graduates strong in their specialization and at the same time have adequate knowledge in many other fields of Science, Agricultural andMarine Science. The curriculum includes
- University requirements. These are courses related to Oman and taught in Arabic;
- University electives. These are courses chosen by students outside their degree plan;
- Science requirements. These are basic science courses (chemistry, physics and biology);
- Communication requirements. These are English specialization courses and a course in seminar and presentation skills;
- Business skills requirements. Two courses related to economy, management and business skills;
- Major courses;
- Major elective courses or optional Minor.
In addition to classroom courses, students at CAMS are applying their knowledge in practical educational experiences that complement classroom learning. These experiences include:
- Undergraduate research opportunities;
- Final year project.
In conclusion, the educational experience at CAMS prepares students to serve as the next generation of creative thinkers and leaders in the country through helping them to develop a strong personal and intellectual identity equipped with all necessary knowledge.
The undergraduate programs of different departments under CAMS are as follows: