Peer reviewed papers (2011-2016)
1. E.A. Kazeeroni, A.M. Al-Sadi (2016). 454-Pyrosequencing reveals variable fungal diversity across farming systems. Frontiers in Plant Science, 7: 314, doi: 10.3389/fpls.2016.00314.
2. A.M. Al-Sadi, H.A. Al-Zakwani, A. Nasehi, S.S. Al-Mazroui, and I.H. Al-Mahmooli. (2016). Analysis of bacterial communities associated with potting media. SpringerPlus, 5: 74 DOI: 10.1186/s40064-016-1729-0
3. M. Hussain, M. Farooq, A. Nawaz, A. M. Al-Sadi, Z. M. Solaiman, S.S. Alghamdi, U.E. Ammara, Y.S. Ok, K.H.M. Siddique (2016). Application of Biochar in Crop Production: Potential Benefits and Risks. Journal of Soils and Sediments, DOI: 10.1007/s11368-016-1360-2.
4. ZS Al-Kharousi, N Guizani, AM Al-Sadi, IM Al-Bulushi, B Shaharoona. (2016). Hiding in fresh fruits and vegetables: Opportunistic pathogens may cross geographical barriers. International Journal of Microbiology, 2016: 4292417.
5. Rehman R, Hanif MS, Mushtaq Z, Al-Sadi AM (2016). Biosynthesis of essential oils in aromatic plants: A Review. Food Reviews International. 32: 117-160, DOI:10.1080/87559129.2015.1057841.
6. Al-Musllami NH, Al-Adawi AO, Al Mawaali QS, Al-Kaabi SM, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Jabri MS, Al-Amri KN, Al-Nasseri MK, Al-Naabi AS, Al-Manthari AM, Al-Rabani MA (2016). First report of association of Sclerotium cepivorum with white rot of garlic (Allium sativum) in Oman. Journal of Plant Pathology, 98:xx-xx. doi: 10.4454/JPP.V98I1.023
7. Al-Shihi AA, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Said FA, Ammara Um e, Deadman ML. (2016). Optimizing the duration of floating row cover period to minimize the incidence of tomato yellow leaf curl disease and maximize yield of tomato. Annals of Applied Biology, 168: doi:10.1111/aab.12266
8. Al-Mazroui SS, Al-Sadi AM (2016). 454 pyrosequencing and direct plating reveal high fungal diversity and dominance by saprophytic species in organic compost. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 18: 98-102, DOI: 10.17957/IJAB/15.0068.
9. Al-Sadi AM (2016). Variation in resistance to spot blotch and the aggressiveness of Bipolaris sorokiniana on barley and wheat cultivars. Journal of Plant Pathology, 98: xx-xx. doi: 10.4454/JPP.V98I1.029.
10. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Mazroui SS, Phillips A (2015). Evaluation of culture-based techniques and 454 pyrosequencing for the analysis of fungal diversity in potting media and organic fertilizers. Journal of Applied Microbiology, 119: 500-509. DOI: 10.1111/jam.12854.
11. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Oweisi F, Edwards S, Al-Nadabi H, Al-Fahdi A (2015). Genetic analysis reveals diversity and genetic relationship among Trichoderma isolates from potting media, cultivated soil and uncultivated soil. BMC Microbiology, 15: 147, DOI 10.1186/s12866-015-0483-8.
12. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Fahdi A, Al-Yahyai R, Al-Ghaithi A, Al-Said F, Soleiman M. (2015). Genetic analysis suggests a shared origin of Punica granatum cultivars in Oman with cultivars from the center of origin, Iran. Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution, 62: 815-821, DOI 10.1007/s10722-015-0256-0.
13. Al-Mazroui SS, Al-Sadi AM (2015). Highly variable fungal diversity and the occurrence of potentially plant pathogenic fungi in potting media, organic fertilizers and composts originating from 14 countries. Journal of Plant Pathology, 97: 529-534, doi: 10.4454/JPP.V97I3.033.
14. Ammara Um e, Al-Ansari M, Al-Shihi A, Amin I, Mansoor S, Al-Maskari AY, Al-Sadi AM (2015). Association of three begomoviruses and a betasatellite with leaf curl disease of basil in Oman. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology, 37: 506-513, DOI: 10.1080/07060661.2015.1105874.
15. Oliveira L.S.S., Harrington T.C., Ferreira M.A., Damacena M.B., Al-Sadi A.M., Al-Mahmooli I.H., Alfenas A.C. (2015). Species or genotypes? Critical analyses of four recently described species of the Ceratocystis wilt pathogen, C. fimbriata, on Mangifera indica. Phytopathology, 105: 1229-1244., DOI: 10.1094/PHYTO-03-15-0065-R
16. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Masoodi RS, Al-Ismaili M, Al-Mahmooli IH. (2015). Population structure and development of resistance to hymexazol among Fusarium solani populations from date palm, Citrus and cucumber. Journal of Phytopathology, 163: 947-955, DOI: 10.1111/jph.12397
17. Rauf S., Zaharieva M., Warburton M.L., Zhang P., Al-Sadi A.M., Khalil F., Kozak M., Tariq S. (2015). Breaking wheat yield barriers requires integrated efforts in developing countries. Journal of Integrative Agriculture, 14: 1447-1474, DOI: 10.1016/S2095-3119(15)61035-8.
18. Ammara Um e, Mansoor S, Saeed M, Amin I, Briddon RW, Al-Sadi AM (2015). RNA interference-based resistance in transgenic tomato plants against Tomato yellow leaf curl virus-Oman (TYLCV-OM) and its associated betasatellite. Virology Journal, 12: 38. DOI: 10.1186/s12985-015-0263-y
19. Al-Mahmooli IH, Al-Fahdi AR, Al-Sadi AM, Deadman ML (2015). First report of root rot and crown necrosis caused by Pythium aphanidermatum. Plant Disease, 99: 419.
20. Ammara UE, Al-Shihi A, Amin I, Al-Sadi AM (2015). First report of Tomato yellow leaf curl Albatinah virus (ToLCABV) and its associated betasatellite infecting papaya. Plant Disease, 99: 421.
21. N. Wang, T. Jin, P. Trivedi, J. C. Setubal, J. Tang, M. A. Machado, E. Triplett, H. D. Coletta-Filho, J. Cubero, X. Deng, X. Wang, C. Zhou, V. Ancona, Z. Lu, M. Dutt, J. Borneman, P. E. Rolshausen, C. Roper, G. Vidalakis, N. Capote , V. Catara, G. Pietersen, A. M. Al-Sadi, A. K. Srivastava, J. H. Graham, J. Leveau, S. R. Ghimire, C. Vernière, Y. Zhang. (2015). Announcement of the International Citrus Microbiome (Phytobiome) Consortium. Journal of Citrus Pathology, 2, 27940.
22. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Alawi ZA, Patzelt A (2015). Association of Alternaria alternata and Cladosporium cladosporioides with leaf spot in Cissus quadrangularis and Ficus sycomorus. Plant Pathology Journal, 14: 44-47., DOI: 10.3923/ppj.2015.44.47
23. Al-Yahyai RA, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Said FA, Al-Kalbani Z, Carvalho CM, Elliot SL, Bertaccini A (2015). Development and morphological changes in leaves and branches of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia) affected by witches’ broom disease. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 54, 133-139. DOI: 10.14601/Phytopathol_Mediterr-14746
24. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Ghaithi AG, Al-Fahdi N, Al-Yahyai R (2014). Characterization and pathogenicity of fungal pathogens associated with root diseases of Citrus in Oman. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 16: 371-376.
25. Su HJ, Hogenhout SA, Al-Sadi AM, Kuo CH. (2014). Complete Chloroplast Genome Sequence of Omani Lime (Citrus aurantiifolia) and Comparative Analysis within the Rosids. PLoS ONE, 9: e113049. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0113049
26. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Alawi ZA, Deadman ML, Patzelt A (2014). Etiology of four foliar and root diseases of wild plants in Oman. Canadian Journal of Plant Pathology, 36: 517-522. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07060661.2014.965219.
27. da Silva FN, Queiroz RB, de Souza AN, Al-Sadi AM, de Siqueira DL, Elliot SL and Carvalho CM (2014). First report of a 16SrII-C Phytoplasma associated with asymptomatic acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia) in Brazil. Plant Disease, 98, 1577-1577.
28. Harrington TC, Kaszmi MR, Al-Sadi AM, Ismail SI (2014). Intraspecific and intragenomic variability of ITS rDNA sequences reveals taxonomic problems in Ceratocystis fimbriata sensu stricto. Mycologia, 106: 224-242.
29. Al-Maamari I, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Saady NA (2014). Assessment of Genetic Diversity in Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum) in Oman. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 16: 813-818.
30. Al-Yahyai R, Al-Subhi A, Al-Sabahi J, Al-Said F, Al-Wahaibi AK, Al-Sadi AM (2014). Chemical composition of acid lime leaves infected with Candidatus Phytoplasma aurantifolia. Agricultural Sciences, 5: 66-70.
31. Ammara U, Al-Maskari AY, Khan AJ, Al-Sadi AM (2014). Enhanced somatic embryogenesis and Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of three cultivars of tomato by exogeneous application of putrescine. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 16: 81-88.
32. Al-Shariqi RM, Al-Hammadi MS, Al-Sadi AM (2013). First report of Citrus bent leaf viroid in the United Arab Emirates. Journal of Plant Pathology, 95: S4.71.
33. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Wehaibi AN, Al-Shariqi RM, Al-Hammadi MS, Al-Hosni IA, Al-Mahmooli IH, Al-Ghaithi AG (2013). Population genetic analysis reveals diversity in Lasiodiplodia species infecting date palm, Citrus, and mango in Oman and the UAE. Plant Disease, 97: 1363-1369.
34. Al-Mawali QS, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Said FA, Deadman ML (2013). Etiology, development and reaction of muskmelon to vine decline disease under arid conditions of Oman. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 52: 457-465.
35. Al-Mahmooli IH, Al-Bahri Y, Al-Sadi AM, Deadman ML (2013). First Report of Euphorbia larica dieback caused by Fusarium brachygibbosum in Oman. Plant Disease, 97: 687-687.
36. Abed RMM, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Shihi MA, Al-Hinai S, Robinson MD (2013). Diversity of free-living and lichenized fungal communities in biological desert crusts of the Sultanate of Oman and their role in improving soil properties. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 57: 695-705.
37. Al-Harthi SA, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Saady AA (2013). Potential of citrus budlings originating in the Middle East as sources of citrus viroids. Crop Protection, 48: 13-15.
38. Al-Azizi A, Al-Sadi AM, Dietz H, Al-Said FA, Deadman ML (2013). Influence of Carbon/Nitrogen ratio on P. aphanidermatum and on Pythium-induced damping-off of radish. Journal of Plant Pathology, 95: 181-185.
39. Al-Sadi AM (2013). Phylogenetic and population genetic analysis of Ceratocystis radicicola infecting date palms. Journal of Plant Pathology, 95: 49-57.
40. Al-Mahmooli IH, Al-Balushi F, Doyle O, Al-Sadi AM, Deadman ML (2013). First Report of Gladiolus Corm Rot Caused by Fusarium proliferatum in Oman. Plant Disease, 97: 284-284.
41. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Moqbali HS, Al-Yahyai RA, Al-Said FA (2012). AFLP data suggest a potential role for the low genetic diversity of acid lime (Citrus aurantifolia) in Oman in the outbreak of witches’ broom disease of lime. Euphytica, 188: 285-297.
42. Al-Sadi AM (2012). Efficacy of mefenoxam is affected by a lag period between application and inactivation of Pythium species. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 51: 292-297.
43. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Raisi IJ, Al-Azri M, Al-Hasani H, Al-Shukaili MS, Al-Shuraiqi SM, Al-Fahdi KO, Deadman ML (2012). Population structure and management of Podosphaera pannosa associated with peach powdery mildew in Oman. Journal of Phytopathology 160: 647-654.
44. Al-Mawaali QS, Al-Sadi AM, Khan AJ, Al-Hasani H, Deadman ML (2012). Response of cucurbit rootstocks to Pythium aphanidermatum. Crop Protection, 42: 64-68.
45. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Jabri AH, Al-Mazroui SS, AL-Mahmooli IH (2012). Characterization and pathogenicity of fungi and oomycetes associated with root diseases of date palms in Oman. Crop Protection, 37: 1-6.
46. Al-Zadjali AD, Al-Sadi AM, Deadman ML, Okuda S, Natsuki T, Al-Zadjali TA (2012). Detection, identification and molecular characterization of a phytoplasma associated with beach naupaka (Scaevola taccada) witches’ broom. Journal of Plant Pathology, 94: 379-385.
47. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Ghaithi AG, Al-Balushi ZM, Al-Jabri AH (2012). Analysis of diversity in Pythium aphanidermatum populations from a single greenhouse reveals phenotypic and genotypic changes over 2006 to 2011. Plant Disease, 96: 852-858.
48. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Hilali SA, Al-Yahyai RA, Al-Said FA, Deadman ML, Al-Mahmooli IH, Nolasco G (2012). Molecular characterization and potential sources of Citrus Tristeza Virus in Oman. Plant Pathology, 61: 632-640.
49. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Said FA, Al-Quraini SM, Al-Kaabi SM, Al-Mazroui SS, Al-Mahmooli IH, Deadman ML (2011). Occurrence, characterization and management of fruit rot of immature cucumbers under greenhouse conditions in Oman. Phytopathologia Mediterranea, 50: 421-429.
50. Deadman ML, Al-Sadi AM, Al-Maqbali YM, Farr DF, Aime MC (2011). Additions to the rust fungi (Pucciniales) from northern Oman. Sydowia, 63: 155-168.
51. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Said FA, Al-Jabri AH, Al-Mahmooli IH, Al-Hinai AH, de Cock AWAM (2011). Occurrence and characterization of fungi and oomycetes transmitted via potting mixtures and organic manures. Crop Protection, 30: 38-44.
52. Al-Sadi AM, Al-Said FA, Al-Kiyumi KS, Al-Mahrouqi RS, Al-Mahmooli IH, Deadman ML, (2011). Etiology and characterization of cucumber vine decline in Oman. Crop Protection, 30: 192-197.