- The Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI): the only UK-based independent professional membership association for practising translators, interpreters and language services businesses. https://www.iti.org.uk/
- The Charted Institute of Linguists (CIOL): a leading UK-based membership body for language professionals. http://www.ciol.org.uk/
- The American Translators Association (ATA): the largest professional association of translators and interpreters in the United States with more than 10,000 members in 90 countries. https://www.atanet.org/
- Academic and research-oriented forums
- The International Association for Translation and Intercultural Studies (IATIS): a world-wide forum designed to enable scholars from different regional and disciplinary backgrounds to debate issues pertinent to translation and other forms of intercultural communication. https://www.iatis.org/
- The European Society for Translation Studies (EST): an international non-profit organization that promotes research on translation, interpreting, and localization.
- New Voices in Translation Studies: a refereed electronic journal co-sponsored by IATIS and the Centre for Translation and Textual Studies (CTTS) at Dublin City University.
- The Translator: a peer-reviewed international journal that publishes original and innovative research on a variety of issues related to translation and interpreting as acts of intercultural communication.
- Meta: a peer-reviewed journal that deals with all aspects of translation and interpretation. https://meta.erudit.org/?lang=en