1. General Information
For the past 3 decades, the College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) have experienced significant student, faculty and resource growth, been recognised for their development of effective academic programmes, increased focus on their culture of quality and continuous improvement of student learning and assembled a highly qualified faculty. CASS acknowledges and seeks to enhance their national role in developing future capacity building in the fields of Arts and Social Sciences. For the College of Arts and Social Sciences to reach their potential and become a leading national, regional and international centre of excellence in teaching, research and community service, a clear and articulated strategic plan has been developed for the period 2016-2040.
2. Total Quality Management
During the last five years, CASS developed quality indicators and practices to address its unique institutional needs and relevance within the Oman's higher education context. CASS used the following six steps to implement the Total Quality Management (TQM) system:
1. Establishment of Quality Assurance and Accreditation Committee (QAAC);
2. Positive working environment;
3. Creating effective teaching and learning environments;
4. Listening to students' views and responding to their needs;
5. Quality assurance culture;
6. Continuous improvement.
3. Accreditation Road Map
Accreditation road map
have selected reputable international accreditation agencies for the institutional accreditation of CASS and programmes accreditations. Such agencies include :
• AQAS - Agency for Quality Assurance through Accreditation of Study Programmes [ http://www.aqas.de/] (Institutional accreditation for CASS and programme accreditation of Geography, Tourism and Music);
• AHPGS - Accreditation Agency in Health and Social Sciences- AHPGS [ ahpgs.de ] (Programme accreditation of Sociology and Social Work);
• Charted Institute of Library and Information Professionals- CILIP [http://www.cilip.org.uk/] (Programme accreditation of Information Studies) and,
• The Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications -ACEJMC, [https://www2.ku.edu/~acejmc] (Programme Accreditation of Mass Communication).
4. Programme Review
A policy for the review of all undergraduate academic programmes has been approved which establishes an Academic Programme Review Office (APRO) to manage the process. In the framework of APRO activities, the English Department has started in fall 2015 reviewing its Literature Programme.
Template for course portofolio (En)
Template for programme self-study report (En)
Template for annual perofmance report (En)
Template for external assessors report (En)