Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
Starting January 2020
At the Assistant Professor level in the Business Communication Unit
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, one of the best in the Arabian Gulf, EQUIS accredited and the top university in Oman. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-CEPS/CEPS-Vacancies for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Position Requirements: Business Communication Unit
The Business Communication Unit within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University invites qualified candidates to apply for the positions. The position requires:
- Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Communication Studies or related field, from an internationally recognized university
- Candidates should have an established record of successful grant applications and peer-reviewed research publications in any field of communication studies.
- Candidates should have Significant experience in teaching, particularly developing courses and supervising students.
- Candidates should be able to develop and teach courses in Business Communication, Corporate Communication and other areas related to his/her expertise including introductory and advanced courses
- Candidates should be able to supervise undergraduate and post-graduate students
- Candidates should develop a research program in Communication Studies and other areas related to his/her expertise. The candidate is expected to work as part of an inter-disciplinary research team and to conduct joint research in his/her field nationally and internationally.
- Provide community service including participation in committees at different levels,
- Candidates should be active researchers in their area of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
- Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities, conducting workshops, technical training, public presentations etc.
Applications must include:
- Online form link:email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of research interests
- Philosophy of teaching
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
- To apply, please complete online form and submit all the above documents at: firstname.lastname@example.org