Department of Accounting
College of Economics and Political Science
For the academic year 2018-2019, starting date September, 2018
At the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor levels
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 10th February, 2018 will receive priority consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
The Department of Accounting within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University invites qualified candidates to apply for the positions. The position requires:
• Candidates should have a PhD in Accounting or related areas from an internationally recognized university.
• Candidates should be specialized in one or more of the following areas: Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, or Accounting for Islamic Institutions.
• Candidates should be able to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels (M.Sc. and MBA), and supervise MSc and PhD Thesis.
• Candidates should be active researchers in their area of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
• Candidates with professional qualification (such as ACCA or CPA) and industry experience will be given preference.
• Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
• Candidates for Associate and Full Professor level should have an outstanding scholarship record.
• Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities.
The individual hired will be required to maintain an active research agenda, teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and contribute to department and university growth through appropriate services and community activities.
The application should include a cover letter, an up-to-date CV - including list of publications, statement of research interests, teaching philosophy, names and contact information of three professional references, and copies of all degree certificates to: email@example.com
For general information on SQU, please visit our website at http://www.squ.edu.om/ , and the College website http://www.squ.edu.om/ceps