Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
Starting in January 2020
At the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor levels in the Information Systems.
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, EQUIS accredited, one of the best in the Arabian Gulf, EQUIS accredited and the top university in Oman. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-CEPS/CEPS-Vacancies for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 15th September 2019 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
Position Requirements: Department of Information Systems
The Department invites fulltime and visiting faculty positions from suitable candidates. The position in the Information Systems Department within College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University requires:
- Applicants should have a PhD in Information Systems, Computer Science or related areas from an internationally recognized university
- Should be specialized in one or more of the following areas: Data Sciences, Web Services Design Development, Web Programming, Mobile Programming, Artificial Intelligence,, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), and Knowledge management.
- Candidates should have experience in teaching IS courses to undergraduate and postgraduate (M.Sc. and MBA) students and supervising M.Sc./Ph.D. research in IS
- Candidates should be active researchers in their areas of specialization and intellectually engaged in their discipline
- Candidates with industry experience will be given preference.
- Candidates should also have the necessary practical computing skills in their areas of expertise.
- Candidates for Associate and Full Professor level should have an outstanding scholarship record.
- Candidates should be participating members of the university, professional and local communities.
Applications must include:
- Online form at: email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of research interests
- Philosophy of teaching
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (2, 3, 4 and 5 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
To apply, please complete an online form and submit all the above documents at: firstname.lastname@example.org