Job Vacancies at Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
College of Economics and Political Science
Starting January 2020
At the Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor levels in
Department of Management.
Sultan Qaboos University, the national university of the Sultanate of Oman, provides, through its nine colleges and other units, a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, research and outreach services. The University is located in the capital area and close to excellent international schools and unique natural recreational areas. Apart from an attractive competitive tax-free salary, SQU offers free furnished accommodation, free medical care including access to hospital and a family clinic on campus, excellent recreational facilities on campus, end of service gratuity, subsidized schooling for up to two children (conditions apply), 60 days’ annual leave with return tickets, up to 28 days’ research leave (conditions apply), an initial two-year contract followed by rolling three-year contracts.
SQU is one of the top 500 universities in the world, EQUIS accredited, one of the best in the Gulf and the top university in Oman. Visit http://www.squ.edu.om/ and https://www.squ.edu.om/ceps/About-CEPS/CEPS-Vacancies for more information. SQU is strongly committed to equity and diversity and seeks a broad spectrum of candidates in terms of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age and disability status.
Positions will remain open until filled, but applications received before 15th September 2019 will receive priority consideration. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in any particular case.
Position Requirements: Department of Management
The Department of Management within the College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University invites qualified candidates to apply for the positions. The position requires that the candidate:
- Has a PhD in one of the following areas: Organization studies and leadership, human resource management, international business, strategy, entrepreneurship, innovation and family business.
- Shows evidence of a strong research capacity.
- Able to merge fundamental theoretical knowledge with practical relevance and to build and maintain sustainable relationships with practitioners.
- Shows evidence of excellent undergraduate and graduate teaching achievement.
- Experience with innovative learning approaches is a plus
Applications must include:
- Online application form: at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae,
- Statement of research interests,
- Philosophy of teaching,
- Teaching evaluations (if available), (Items 2-6 should be in one file)
- Three letters of recommendation (will be asked later for short-listed applicants)
- Copies of all degree and experience certificates
To apply, please complete online form and submit all the above documents at: jobs@squ,edu.om