The strategy of the Assistance Dean for Training and Community Services is to apply the knowledge and resources learned at College of Economics and Political Science to strengthen the communities around us. It is our role to prepare committed citizens to help overcome the challenges facing the communities in Oman today and in the future. Our dedicated faculty and staff are ready to apply their knowledge, expertise and leadership skills to support the communities. Engaging CEPS students in different community services and activities instills their citizenship and gives a sense of inspiration and pride.
The mission of the Assistant Dean Office for Training and Community Service (ADTCS) is to build and sustain long-term relationships between the College of Economics and Political Science (CEPS) and the industry that will help increase visibility and awareness of CEPS. The ADTCS thrives to establish and manage regional and international relations, alumni relations and special projects/events that will further increase the quality, reach and impact of academic and non-academic programs undertaken by CEPS. Through the strong linkages with other local and international organizations, the ADTCS strives to equip graduates of the college with the skills needed for outstanding in today’s global community. Furthermore, the office support the vision of the college related to personal development, community and social responsibility, and ethics and leadership.
Main Tasks (Based on SQU circular 16/2010)
1. Chair college committees for training and community services and provide leadership in planning, coordination, direction, and evaluation of formal student training programs in the college.
2. Serve as a liaison for the college with industrial, legal, educational, medical, agricultural, and business communities, establish a positive working relationship with them, and identify opportunities for faculty and students to interact with them.
3. Keep records of training activates in the college, develop an annual report that tracks student progression and accomplishments in training, evaluate training programs, visit training programs sites, and provide feedback and suggestion for improvements.
4. Identify, solicit, and manage training opportunities, grants, and contracts from variety of local and foreign sources.
5. Monitor current trends and issues in student training, and accordingly update college plans on training.
6. Develop and maintain and up-to-date base about the college alumni, liaise with them, organize alumni activates and event to promote SQU programs and services.
7. Liaise with the Center for Community Services and Continues Education to organize short courses, workshops, and programs offered by the college.
8. Meet regularly with faculty and/or curriculum committee to assess status, needs improvements, and evaluation of programs, training, and courses regarding their support to the market in Oman.
9. Carry out any other duties assigned to him/her by the dean.