Dr. Hafedh AlShihi is an Assistant Professor at the College of Economics and Political Science in Sultan Qaboos University. He is currently seconded as an ICT advisor at the Implementation Support and Follow-up Unit. He is a member of TRC Smart Cities Platform steering committee, the Grant Committee of the Research Council – Information and Communication Technology Sector, and the Association of Information Systems (AIS) and the Special Interest Group on Electronic Government (SIGeGov). He is the Head of the eServices Development team in SQU and a member of SQU Curriculum and Academic Policies Committee. Finished his PhD in 2006, it was on E-government Adoption and Diffusion in Oman, and has contributed in several publications in international journals and conference proceedings and has attended/organized several local and international ICT conferences. He has delivered keynotes and participated as panelist in several local and international conferences. He has supervised and examined several masters and PhD studies several of which have received national and international recognition. He is currently teaching Information Systems (IS) courses and supervising the Information Systems Group, and is a regular blogger and writer in local Omani journals and newspapers. He is the co-founder of AlMoug Training Services, AlMoug IT Solutions and lately started Muscat Data Tech, a startup in Big Data Analytics.
- Al-Suleimani, A., Al Mahrouqi, M., and Al-Shihi, H. (2013) Non-Technical Issues in the Adoption of Electronic Health Records by Doctors in Oman. In Ali, S. & Ashrafi, R. (Eds), Information Systems for Sustainable Business Development: Proceedings of the International Information Systems Conference (iiSC) 2011(pp. 189-192): BrownWalker Press, USA.
- AlSiyabi, M., Al-Jabri, N., and Al-Shihi, H. (2013) The Uptake of Voting Participations in Oman Through E-voting. In Ali, S. & Ashrafi, R. (Eds), Information Systems for Sustainable Business Development: Proceedings of the International Information Systems Conference (iiSC) 2011(pp. 193-196): BrownWalker Press, USA.
- Al-Busaidi, K.A., and Al-Shihi, H. (2012).Critical Factors Influencing Instructors’ Acceptance and Use of Learning Management Systems. In Azevedo, A. & Babo, R. (Eds), Higher Education Institutions and Learning Management Systems: Adoption and Standardization(pp.116-140): IGI Global, USA.
- Sharma, S. K., Al-Shihi, H., and Govindaluri, S. M. (2013) Exploring quality of e-Government services in Oman. Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, Vol. 6 Issue 2, pp.87 – 100
- AlHinai, Y. S., AlBadi, A., AlShihi, H., and Al-Gharbi, K. (2013) Investigating Determinants of E-banking Adoption by Individuals: Comparing the Impact of System Characteristics and User Traits. International Review of Management and Business Research, ISSN: 2231-0843 ,Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp.826-839