Dr. Shaikh is an Assistant Professor associated with Department of Information Systems at Sultan Qaboos University. He has a strong skill set and experience gained from working in both academia and industry that endow him with a broad background and a unique perspective on research & teaching. His diverse experience has been instrumental in shaping him as a research scientist and educator in the IT field. Prior to arriving Oman, Dr. Shaikh was working in MIMOS Berhad Malaysia, the National R&D Centre in ICT under Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. During his tenure at MIMOS, he had successfully disclosed an innovative Patent on causal relationships using social networking functions and successfully completed an Anti Money Laundering Solution (Proof of Concept) for a Financial Institution.
Dr. Shaikh has received his PhD degree from a highly reputable Australian University Monash in 2013 and Master degree from University of Detroit Mercy USA with distinction. His PhD research work focuses on designing and implementing a proximity aware semantic resource discovery framework that improves the performance of finding appropriate resources for Computational Grids. He has published several journal articles, conference papers, and also serves as a reviewer at international journals and conferences. He has been awarded with Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Australia for PhD studies, President Scholarship for Undergraduate degree and Merit Award in Software Process Management from Department of Homeland Security USA.
- System and Method for identifying implicit causal relationships from medical reports using social network analysis (2014) IP Disclosure No. 2804. Approved in IIPC Registration No: 20140001672-2014 (Patent)
- Shaikh, A.K., Alhashmi, S. and Parthiban, R, “A proximity and semantic-aware optimization model for sub-domain based decentralized resource discovery in Grid computing” Journal of Information and Knowledge Management Vol. 15, No. 2 (2016) 1-25 pages Print ISSN: 0219-6492,Online ISSN: 1793-6926
- Shaikh, A.K., Haque, A., Alhashmi, S. and Parthiban, R. “Efficient resource provisioning by means of a sub-domain based ontology and dynamic pricing in Grid computing” Journal of Cloud Computing, pages 1-15 Volume (2013), Article ID 149313,DOI: 10.5171/2013.149313, ISSN 2326-6538
- Shaikh, A., S. Alhashmi, and R. Parthiban, A Semantic Impact in Decentralized Resource Discovery Mechanism for Grid Computing Environments, in Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing. pages 206-216, September 2012, Springer Berlin Heidelberg Fukuoka, Japan.
- Shaikh, A.K., Alhashmi, S. and Parthiban, R. (2011). “A semantic decentralized Chord-based resource discovery model for Grid computing”, The 17th IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed
Systems (ICPADS 2011), p. 142-148 December 7-9, 2011, Tainan Taiwan.