Dr. Alexandre A. Bachkirov has been a faculty member of the Department of Management since 2011. Prior to taking up the appointment at the Sultan Qaboos University, he held a number of academic posts internationally, including the University of New York in Tirana, Albania, and the University of Fortaleza, Brazil. His teaching interests are in the areas of management and organizational behavior. His research interests focus on cross-cultural and international management, managerial decision making, and negotiation. Dr. Bachkirov’s sustainable research record is evidenced by the list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals and papers presented at top international management conferences including, the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, the European Academy of Management Conference, and the Annual British Academy of Management Conference. Dr. Bachkirov is a member of four editorial boards and a reviewer for Journal of Managerial Psychology, Management Decision, Cross Cultural & Strategic Management, Team Performance Management, and International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management. Dr. Bachkirov’s wide-ranging academic expertise in management is complemented by his first-hand industry experience: before joining the academe, he provided export consulting, negotiation, and cross-cultural enhancement support for small and medium-sized enterprises in England. As an academic, Dr. Bachkirov has an overarching goal of contributing to research capability building in the Sultanate of Oman through his lectureship, research, consultancy, and community service.
- Bachkirov, A. A. (2018). “They made me an offer I couldn’t refuse!” Organizational commitment in a non-Western context”. Evidence-based HRM: a global forum for empirical scholarship, 6(1): 77-93.
- Bachkirov, A. A., & Shamsudin, F. M. (2017). “Reward allocation decision making in Arab-Islamic business organizations: an empirical examination through an emic lens”. International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, 10 (4): 536-553.
- Bachkirov, A. A. (2017). Pygmalion going international: self-fulfilling prophecy in a non-western multicultural expatriate context. Team Performance Management: An International Journal, 23(5/6): 260-272.
- Bachkirov, A. A., & AlAbri, S. 2016. Islamic values and negotiator behaviour. International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, 9(3): 333-345.
- Bachkirov, A. A., Rajasekar, J., & Paula da Silva, M. 2016. Industrial buyer-seller interactions: Negotiating in the Arabian Gulf. Review of International Business and Strategy, 26(1): 33-49.