Irfan Butt has been a faculty member at SQU since January 2012. Prior to joining SQU, he was associated with Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan, where he also served as Director Research. He also taught at the Sprott School of Business, Carleton University, Canada as a visiting faculty for a number of years. Irfan graduated from the College of Wooster, Ohio, USA and obtained his MBA from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, Arizona, USA. He earned a PhD from Carleton University, Canada. He has published research articles in international journals and proceedings and presented papers at a number of international conferences such as American Marketing Association (AMA), Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC), Australia New Zealand Marketing Academy (ANZMAC). He has received numerous awards for his research papers. His industry experience includes working for multinational companies in oil & gas and hospitality sectors.
- Chatha, Kamran and Butt, Irfan “Research Methodologies and Publication Trends in Manufacturing Strategy: A Content Analysis Based Literature Review”, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Forthcoming.
- Al Balushi, Maha, Butt, Irfan and Al Siyabi, Khadija (2013) “Review of Awareness and Views on Branding Oman as a Nation”, International Journal of Business and Economics, 5 (1), 7-20.
- Ateeq, Abul Rauf and Butt, Irfan (2012) “Consumer Perceptions of Foreign Fast Food Restaurants in an Emerging Market”, International Journal of Leisure and Tourism Marketing, 3 (1), 40-70.
- Freeman, Ina, Knight, Peter and Butt, Irfan (2011) “A tri-country marketing project – preparing students for the realities of a global marketplace”, Journal of Teaching in International Business, 22 (4), 277-299.
- Butt, Irfan, Saleem, N., Ahmad, H., Altaf, M., Jaffer, K. and Mehmood, J. (2011) “Barriers to Adoption of Islamic Banking in Pakistan”, Journal of Islamic Marketing, 2 (3), 259-273, 176-191.