Dr. Hossain has 28 years of teaching experience in 5 different universities in Bangladesh, Australia and now in Sultanate of Oman. Dr. Hossain’s academic records are very bright. He obtained first class in all the examinations throughout his academic life. Dr. Hossain obtained his Ph.D. in Econometrics and Business Statistics in 1998 from Monash University under the guidance of Sir John Monash Distinguished Professor Maxwell L. King. DR. Hossain worked as an Assistant Lecturer at Monash University from 1994 to 1997. He served Statistics Department, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh for more than a decade. He held visiting position at North South University for two semesters in 1999 and at Global Institute of Business and Technology for one semester in 2001.
Dr. Hossain has published 37 journal papers in the field of econometrics, financial econometrics and business statistics in internationally reputed journals including Communications in Statistics (USA), Journal of Statistical Theory and Application (USA), Journal of Applied Statistical Science (USA), International Journal of Social Economics (UK), Managerial Auditing Journal (UK), Managerial Finance (UK), Asian Profile (Canada), Genus (Italy), International Journal of Information and Management Sciences (Taiwan), Pakistan Journal of Statistics (Pakistan), Journal of Accounting, Business and Management (Indonesia), Journal of Statistical Studies (Bangladesh), Thoughts on Economics (Bangladesh) and Journal of Social Science (Bangladesh). He received the “Outstanding Research Award” from the SQU in 2006.
- Hossain, M.Z. and Khalid Said Al-Amri (2010). Use of Cobb-Douglas production model on some selected manufacturing industries in Oman. Journal of Education, Business and Society: Contemporary Middle Eastern Issues, Vol. 3, No. 2. 78-85 [Published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited, UK]
- Hossain, M.Z. (2009). Why is interest prohibited in Islam? A statistical justification. Humanomics: The International Journal of Systems and Ethics, Vol. 25, No. 4. 241-253 [Published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited, UK]
- Hossain, M.Z. and M.L. King (2008). Model selection when a key parameter is constrained to be in an interval. Communications in Statistics, Part B, Simulation and Computation, Vol. 37: 1270-1280. [Published by Taylor & Francis Group, USA]
- Hossain, M.Z., Q.A. Samad and M.Z. Ali (2006). ARIMA model and forecasting with three types of pulse prices in Bangladesh: a case study. International Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 33, No. 4: 344-353. [Published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited, UK].
- Hossain, M.Z., M.I. Bhatti and M.Z. Hoque (2005). Econometric analysis of marketing potential of OIC countries: some facts under global economy. Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol. 20, No. 2:198-207. [Published by Emerald Group Publishing Limited, UK].