Dr. Sunil has over 30 years of teaching experience in Quantitative Methods, both at undergraduate and graduate (MBA) levels. His contributions to research in Operations Research / Management Science / Applied Statistics have been published in reputed academic journals such as, Journal of Productivity Analysis, Operations Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Computers and Operations Research, Annals of Operations Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Applied Management Science, International Journal of Operational Research, and international conference proceedings.
- Dharmapala, P.S. and P. Edirisuriya (Forthcoming, 2014) Classification of profitability using DEA and cluster analysis: a transnational comparison of South Asian banks, International Journal of Information and Decision Sciences (Inderscience Publishers, UK)
- Dharmapala, P.S. and P. Edirisuriya (2011) A decision model to predict profitability using revised Thompson-Thrall profit ratios in DEA with an application to South Asian Banks. International Journal of Operational Research, vol. 12(4,) pp. 407-429
- Dharmapala, P.S. (2010) Exploring the impact of ‘intrinsic assurance regions’ in DEA on adding value in supply chains using ‘uniquely inefficient’ decision-making units. International Journal of Services & Operations Management, vol. 6(1), pp. 1-16.
- Dharmapala, P.S. (2008) Adding value in supply chains by improving operational efficiency using data envelopment analysis: a case from published data. International Journal of Applied Management Science, vol. 1(2), pp.160-175
- Dharmapala, P.S., J.B. Ghosh and H.M. Saber (2007) Market and Merit Based Adjustment of Faculty Salaries. Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, vol. 24(1), pp. 1-19