The Assessment and Technical Support Unit (ATSU)
ATSU envisions being idiosyncratic assessment unit in teacher preparation programs that assure continuous, comprehensive, and valid assessment data about candidates' performance on various academic programs as well as about the effectiveness of college operations.
ATSU works to collect sufficient and accurate evidences through executing a continuous assessment system about candidate’s proficiencies outlined in the college's conceptual framework for both initial and advanced programs as well as the effectiveness of college operations (including faculty, technicians and administrative staff, programs, committees, administrative operations and process, and technical services and facilities) in order to enhance continuous improvement of instructional and learning process.
- Reviewing and improve periodically unit assessment system and key assessment tools.
- Administering and collect data for unit-level key assessments.
- Supervising data collection for various program-level assessments for both initial and advanced program.
- Reviewing the flow of data collection system within programs on a regular basis.
- Analyzing data for various programs.
- Providing different programs with support and consultation on data collection and reporting.
- Managing several electronic databases (such as LiveText, Excel, SIS) through uploading assessment tools and generating several related reports.
- Maintaining database for students and faculty records.
- Developing and managing assessment and accreditation website.
- Ensuring the implementation of assessment system and reports on time and its use to support continuous improvement.
- Designing workshops for training faculty on revising assessment tools, administrating them, and analyzing and reporting results.
- Organizing periodical data retreat workshops for various programs.
- Building learning environment about assessment in the college.
- Socializing the culture of assessment, following-up and improvement among academic faculty members and candidates within all college's programs.
Structure of ATSU