The vision of the Deanship of Research is to facilitate the development of a vibrant research culture at Sultan Qaboos University, thereby making the University a top research institution in the region.
Under the guidance of the DVC-PSR, the Deanship for Research will contribute to the enhancement of research culture and productivity at SQU, including:
- Strategic planning and policy formulation in relation to building research capacity and performance
- Monitoring research and research training activity and performance
- Implementing policies and practices designed to improve research capacity and performance
- Providing regular feed-back to the DVC-PSR about issues relating to research
- Fostering activities designed to promote outputs and outcomes of research nationally and internationally
- liaison with the Research Council
- Encouraging research leading to innovation and entrepreneurship
- Raising external funding to support research at the University.