The College of Economics and Political Science (CEPS) Alumni Association board mission is to advise and develop a strong tie and ongoing relationship between CEPS alumni, faculty, students and society in order to strengthen the strategic position of the College. The Alumni Association board is structured to assist the students and the college on their journey towards successful academic and professional lives and provide suggestions for keeping the degree programs and curriculum current. The members represent a cross-section of CEPS alumni since its foundation in 1994. The leadership skills and the active participation of Alumni Association board are essential toward CEPS excellence.
- Arrange and promote alumni gathering and networking.
- Support and promote CEPS initiatives and activities.
- Review the college academic programs and curriculum.
- Help students and College to enhance the academic learning process with future professional career and share their experience.
- Suggest, organize and fund guest speakers, seminars, conferences, field visits and events.
- Assist in making and maintaining corporate connections both regional and internationally that lead to increased internships, consultancies and external activities beneficial to the College, its students and faculty.
- Assist the College in advancing ethical, responsible and sustainable business practices in Oman and the wider GCC region through curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Any other business suggested by the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Services (ADTCS).
Alumni Association Board Membership
Alumni Association Board Admission and Meetings
- Members should be a graduate of CEPS.
- Members represented in the Alumni Association board should be from different majors at CEPS with B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree and diverse industry background.
- Members are expected to be strong in networking, enthusiastic, influential, entrepreneurial and motivated.
- Members of the Alumni Association board are limited to nine members.
- Members are expected to be part of CEPS events and the Assistant Dean for Training and Community Service will update the alumni association board with needed information.
- Both Chair and Vice Chair of the Alumni Association board are elected by the members in the first three-year term meeting.
- The CEPS Alumni Association board meets semi-annually every fall and spring semester.
- The call for meetings is done through the ADTCS office and should be circulated two weeks in advance to Alumni Association board members. The chair prepares the meeting agenda with coordination with the Assistance Dean for Training and Community Services.
- The minutes of the meetings should be prepared by the ADTCS office and circulated to Alumni Association board within one week after the meeting. After approval the minutes will be shared with the College Board and College Advisory Board for discussions and actions.