IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English language test. More than two million IELTS tests are taken each year. www.ielts.org
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment.
Sultan Qaboos University IELTS Centre is a closed testing centre established by the British Council. Our IELTS Certificates are recognized by more than 6,000 universities and colleges around the globe. Indeed, IELTS has been rightfully described as the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for for study and work.
Who can take the test?
- Students intending to enroll at SQU.
- SQU staff and staff of SQU affiliated institutions (like SQUH and Oman Medical Specialty Board).
Getting the score you want in speaking?
How is my speaking assessed?
Sample IELTS speaking test videos.
Parts of IELTS band 5:
For IELTS band 6:
For band 7:
For band 8:
Getting the score you want in writing?
How is my writing assessed?
Improve you writing (coming soon)
Tips for listening (coming soon)
Tips for reading (coming soon)
- Omani nationals: bring a valid National ID Card OR Passport.
- Expatriates: bring a valid passport
- Closed centre documents:
- Students: SQU ID
- Graduate: Degree Certificate
- Potential student: Acceptance letter
- OMSB: Staff Card
- Employee: SUQ employee card
- Employee’s child: evidence (Father’s ID card or birth certificate)
- Employee’s spouse: evidence (marriage certificate or any other valid evidence)
- Students in an IELTS preparation course: receipt collected on registration with continuing education
- Application: To be collected and completed on registration at the Centre.
Registration procedure includes taking of photo and fingerprints of candidates. So, candidates MUST come in person to register.
- Five working days before the test date.
- Subject to availability of seats.
- Undergraduate students: 73 OMR
- Other: 78 OMR
Location: Centre for Preparatory Studies - Ground Floor.
Registration Hours: 9:30 to 2:30 Sunday to Thursday
Office hours: 8:30 - 2:30
If you need to come at other times, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Ms. Esther K. Ibrahim
24142159 – office #40
Assistant to IELTS Administrator:
Ms. Rahma Al-Shamakhi
24142197 – office #41
We are here to serve you with a smile