The Centre of Preparatory Studies (CPS) is committed to providing a high quality
preparatory program that develops students’ knowledge, skills and attitudes
necessary for success in their colleges.
The CPS will provide a creative, co-operative and flexible environment in which
students and staff can learn, grow and fulfill their potential.
The main objective of the Preparatory Studies Program is to prepare students to
undertake undergraduate education. In particular, the program shall:
- Equip students with the required knowledge and skills necessary for
undertaking university education.
- Provide students with sufficient analytical skills and knowledge in their
areas of study.
- Improve the efficiency of teaching and learning in the classroom through
students’ independent study.
- Provide quality education in English language, Arabic language, Mathematics,
Information Technology, and Life Skills.
- Develop well-defined assessment criteria for the placement and exit tests and
- Implement appropriate internal quality assurance processes for teaching and
- Provide the resources (teaching and support services) needed for the various
activities of CPS.
- Student focus: Students shall be placed at the center of the activities, emphasizing their academic and social development
- Integration of knowledge and practice: Teachers shall constantly apply the most effective teaching methodologies in their teaching.
- Reflective practice: Students and teachers shall engage in reflective practice whereby they reflect on the learning and teaching process and refine their practices accordingly.
- Independent learning: Teachers shall help learners gradually develop independence and responsibility for their learning.